- What did you do today?
Today,we did the extraction of caffeine from tea.The way to extract it is quite simple but also takes quite a while to do.
- What did you learn today?
- Today,I learnt that caffeine is seen in most of our daily lives like coffee,tea,coke,Monster and many others.Caffeine is dangerous if taken at a huge amount at once and is also something that helps you to be more alert,energetic and lively.The downside to it is if you have taken too much,it would cause addiction,hallucination and headaches.The worst cause is death but that only happens if you take 80 cups of coffee in a day.
- How do you feel about today’s activities?
- This project had taught me the effects of caffeine in our body and how too much of it is no good.It also show us a way to extract caffeine in our drinks so we can tell if there is a lot of caffeine in our drink or not.The activity was very interesting as i did not know how to extract caffeine and also how to extract it
- Too much caffeine is not good to your body
- Caffeine helps one to be more energized,alert and lively
- Caffeine can be found in most of our drinks
- The extraction of caffeine requires filtration,evaporation and condensation,mixing of different substances to get the pure caffeine.